Did you know that for the first time in real estate history the month of October surpassed June for getting married? You’re probably thinking, what does this have to do with real estate? Well you see, Spring/Summer months are usually the hottest months to get married & buy real estate and now it’s looking like Fall is becoming the new season!
Why buy Real Estate in Fall?
- Less competition- Competition for houses drops off in the Fall time. Yay! So many people still believe that Fall time is the “Off season” BUT…. there are still homes for sale! & sometimes just as much inventory as there was during the spring and summer.
- Sellers are ready to sell- Not all homes on the market in fall are summer leftovers. Some people need to sell in the fall because the timing is JUST right. There home just got done being built, they are starting a new job in the new year etc.
- Tax breaks!- You can never escape paying income tax, but first time homebuyers can make a dent in what you owe! A financial tax expert named David Hryck said “Property tax and mortgage interest are both deductions you can take for your whole year’s worth of income, even if you closed on your home in December.” Good to know!
- End of the year sales- Take full advantage of the end of the year sales to decorate your home!
- Move-in-dates are flexible- You heard right, sellers are more flexible! Sellers are more likely to work with you on a doable time frame. Most people do not want to move during the winter and the holidays which is why sellers are more flexible during this time of year.