Thinking about buying a home in Frederick Maryland soon? When purchasing a home there are many things that should be considered. You must pick the right real estate agent to work with, decide how much money to spend on a home, and even down to the exact neighborhood you want to live in.
A common question we often get from first time homebuyers is, “We love this house, but how is the neighborhood?” By law, did you know that your real estate agent cannot answer that question? However, your real estate agent can provide resources and information about the neighborhood for their clients. There’s many things that draw people to certain neighborhoods or communities to begin with, but heres a few things we want you to consider/look for when you’re looking for a home in Frederick County, Maryland.
- School systems– How are the schools? Luckily, we have the best! Whether you have children or don’t , the local school district is generally an important thing to consider when buying a home! The school district often times can impact the ease and timeliness of a future sale. Most buyers are not looking to move before they buy the home, however, they should be aware of the local school district for the future.
- Business and shopping– What’s around the area? A lot of stores? businesses? Local businesses and shopping can often indicate how the neighborhood is. Business owners want to be in a community that’s thriving & where there is local support from the residents!
- Public transportation- How close is the nearest bus line? What’s the cost of local transportation? When local transportation is desired in the community, this is something you want to know and look for when choosing the right home to live in!
- Convenience- We know that convenience to a buyer can have MANY different meanings, so what’s important to you? Do you want a highway near by? A fitness center? A grocery store? Sit down and prioritize your convenience list, so that way you can pick the BEST area to live in!
- Taxes- Tax rates vary from town to town & we can help you on this! A great real estate agent will be able to get this information for you. Remember how we said that choosing the best home to live in, can possibly mean how much you can spend on a home? Tax rates do effect monthly payments. What you want to do is look at the past several years on the rates because that can help predict what they will do in the future.
Now, with that being said… Let’s get your search started! Click here —> Start my Home Search