If you’re excited about the bout of warmer weather, your dog probably is too! Treat Fido with a trip to the Ballenger Creek Dog Park; just a 14 minute drive from the heart of Downtown Frederick.
You’ll benefit from the excursion as well, as you will be able to meet other devoted dog owners and their precious pooches.
The Ballenger Creek Dog Park is approximately 4 acres of fenced in play area with 2 separate small dog and all dog areas, walkways and trails, benches and water fountains designed for both humans and dogs in mind. If you choose to bring your dog to the park, please keep in mind that all pets must be up to date on vaccinations, with their identification and vaccination tags visible on their collars at all times. The park is open from 8 am to sunset, so take advantage of this warmer weather now, and in the upcoming months!
If you are going to the dog park, please bear in mind the following rules:
- Aggressive dogs are prohibited from this park. Dogs exhibiting aggressive behavior must be removed from the park immediately. Failure to remove aggressive dogs may lead to loss of Dog Park privileges
- All dogs must have current vaccinations and shall wear a visible vaccination tags and identification tags
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. It is strongly recommended that young children not be brought to the Dog Park for their own safety
- Dog Park gates must be closed immediately after entering and exiting the facility
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owner / handler at all times outside of the fenced Dog Park. Dogs must be leashed when entering/leaving the fenced area and owners / handlers must have a leash in their possession at all times
- Dogs must be under control and in view of the owner/handler at all times. Do not use the park as a babysitter for your dog or your children
- Dogs under 4 months of age and female dogs in heat are not permitted in the Dog Park
- For dog related emergencies, please call Frederick County Animal Control Division at 301-600-1544 or 301-600-2558
- For non-emergency or facility related questions, please call Frederick County Parks and Recreation Division at 301-600-2353
- Frederick County is not responsible for injuries to dogs, their owners / handlers or others that use the Dog Park. Dog owners / handlers are solely liable for injuries or damage caused by their dogs
- No more than 2 dogs per owner / handler
- No smoking, food/treats (human or dog), alcoholic beverages, strollers or bicycles
- Only flying disc and tennis ball type toys are permitted within fenced area
- Owner/handler must immediately clean up after their dog(s) and place in the proper receptacle. This is the single most important thing dog owners/handlers can do to help insure the ongoing success of the Dog Park. Leave the area cleaner than it was when you arrived. It’s a small price to pay for being allowed to enjoy this wonderful park with your dog
- Owners / handlers must stop their dogs from digging and immediately fill any holes dug
- This park is designed for the use of people and their dogs; no other animals are allowed
We hope you all enjoy this amazing amenity that Frederick County has to offer!